- STEP 1: Determine if you are eligible. See eligibility criteria below.
- STEP 2: Complete the REQUEST FOR SERVICES form and submit to EOC in person, by mail, by fax, or as an email attachment.
- STEP 3: EOC uses Federal financial aid guidelines to determine DEPENDENCY. See DEPENDENCY DETERMINATION criteria to the below.
- STEP 4: If you are considered a DEPENDENT, you must provide parent information on the REQUEST FOR SERVICES form. This includes the number of people in your family’s household, the amount of their taxable income from the last calendar year, and a parent’s signature. If you are considered INDEPENDENT, we will require your tax information.
- STEP 5: Our EOC Director will review your application. Once you are determined to be eligible and have been accepted into our program, you can chose to be seen immediately and wait for the next available walk-in appointment or we will notify you when you are approved and schedule an appointment with you.
You are ELIGIBLE if:
• You are a US citizen or permanent resident alien
• You are a Maui County adult or college-ready high school senior
• You are not currently enrolled in college
• You do not have a bachelor’s degree
• You are a veteran, active duty, or the spouse or child (under 26) of an active duty military service person
You are considered INDEPENDENT
• You will be 24 years or older by the end of the year
• You are working on a master’s or professional degree (this will make you ineligible for EOC)
• You are married
• You have children or other dependents who receive more than half their
support from you
• You are an orphan, were in foster care after age 13, or were a ward of the court
• Prior are an emancipated minor or were in legal guardianship
• You are homeless or at risk of being homeless
• You are a veteran, active duty, or the spouse or child (under 26) of an active duty military service person or veteran