◊Pai Ka Mana
We offer a variety of services to support you in achieving your academic and personal goals. We look forward to your participation!
- Student Interest Groups (SIGs) – Students are grouped together by majors to form connections that can provide support and help through their college career. Academic, social, cultural activities, and mentoring are offered through SIGs.
- Academic Advising – Pai Ka Mana provides assistance in making informed decisions about academic issues and setting short and long-range goals.
- Instruction in Study Skills – We offer workshops on time management, goal setting, effective note taking, test taking strategies, stress management, memory improvement, and campus resources identification. Check out our calendar and newsletters for upcoming workshops.
- Career Planning Assistance – Pai Ka Mana is committed to supporting students in developing focused and achievable career goals.
- Personal Counseling – Academic Support Specialists also provide personal counseling to all program students. They are able to address issues such as family pressures, relationship problems, ill health, recovery from substance abuse, job demands, and any other stressors that one may experience. Please call our Academic Support Specialists anytime to make an appointment.
- Tutorial Assistance – UHMC’s Learning Center (TLC) provides a variety of tutoring needs. Pai Ka Mana is also able to offer individual or small group tutoring as well.
- Mentoring Program – Through SIGs, mentoring will be specific to majors. Community members will be involved to provide guidance and support for eligible students.
- Financial Aid Assistance – Pai Ka Mana works closely with the UHMC’s Financial Aid office. Personnel from the financial aid office will work with Pai Ka Mana students in securing and maintaining adequate financial assistance to meet their financial needs.
- Supplemental Grant Aid – As an additional financial support, Pai Ka Mana is able to provide additional financial assistance to qualifying Pell Grant recipients.
- Individualized Educational Plans – Every student in the Pai Ka Mana program will work with the Academic Support Specialist to form their own unique educational plan. This plan specifies the steps to achievement of the student’s academic goals.
- Academic Progress Monitoring and Intervention – Academic Support Specialists help to ensure that when one of our students encounter difficulties, immediate action is taken to provide intervention and appropriate support services.
- Transfer Services – We will help to facilitate each students’ completion of the AA Liberal Arts Degree and transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Equipment Loan Program – Pai Ka Mana is able to loan out laptop computers, scientific calculators, and digital voice recorders to students to assist in their academic success.
- Academic/Social Skills/Career Building Workshops – Specific academic, social skills, and career building workshops will be offered to Pai Ka Mana students. The workshops goal will be to provide support, guidance, and to enhance the college experience. Please look for upcoming workshop dates on our calendar and in our newsletters.
- Manoa Experience – Once a year, Pai Ka Mana will take up to 25 transfer eligible students to either U.H. Manoa or U.H. Hilo to tour the campus, speak with faculty, and gain a better understanding of being at a university campus.